RYAN COUGHLIN / MAINER AND FLY FISHING FANATIC
I’m a design leader with technical chops and a zest for product strategy.
Hands-on design director collaborating with co-founders and leadership to define product vision, and I work with teams to bring that vision to life.
As the first design leader at Robin, I formed the Design function, grew the (distributed) design team from 2 to 8 members and am responsible for the user experience across the entire platform.
I specialize in:
- Product Strategy: Craft a vision that guides product development from inception to delivery
- Team Glue: Assemble teams and ensure everyone is working toward our mission
- Design Systems: Think, design, and implement as a system. Establish UX and UI patterns that create predictable experiences across platforms.
- Cross-team collaboration: Foster an environment of communication and understanding between teams to stay aligned with priorities
- Remote Collaboration: Develop rituals to bring together remote teams, ensuring everyone is on the same page
- Design: Craft strategic, simple, and creative experiences that connect the multiple layers of a product
Designing a product requires imagination, experimentation, and persistence. Creating and refining product vision through designing, pitching, and prototyping is what I love.
If you're looking to create a new product, help improve an existing experience, or create vision/board decks – reach out. I'd love to work together.
Looking for work?
Working to organize case studies. See how I approached building an indoor map platform. I can provide more samples upon request!
I'll occasionally post work to Dribbble.
A little about me
My name is Ryan Coughlin. I grew up in a small coastal town in southern Maine. When I'm not working, you can find me on the water fishing, tying flies, shooting photos, and outdoors with my dog, Maicy.